Upstate DOC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

retreat planning

4 posters

Go down

retreat planning Empty retreat planning

Post by Amysings4u Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:02 am

if you are interested in helping out with the nuts and bolts of the retreat but don't want to ruin the surprises for yourself and don't care to join the leadership team permanently, please use this thread. We need to discuss:
1) food
2) budget/fees
3) center reservations
4) priest/deacon reservations
5) general supplies
6) anything else?
7) comments, suggestions, impressions from the last two retreats?

thanks for your help!
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

retreat planning Empty Re: retreat planning

Post by Amysings4u Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:23 am

you know what? we should probably do private messaging for the more private information, such as budget/fees. let's keep that in mind as well.
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

Post by Carp Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:56 am

did you mean for this to go in leadership team, or under prayer committee? Seems like it could get lost here...
Carp
Carp

http://www.davidmichelle.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Amysings4u Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:02 pm

sorry for the confusion, David--i have two threads going. one is for the leadership team that will be planning the events for the retreat (these are things that others won't want to know about because it will ruin the surprise!) and that is under leadership team. the other is for the folks who want to help out, but don't want to get into DOC leadership team and don't want to ruin the surprises of the retreat for themselves. that's what i put here. we can put it somewhere else if you prefer, too.

i've already emailed the folks who i think will want to be a part of the planning and told them where to look. I'd like to move away from using my email, as it is getting too cluttered. we can do some through PM on here as well.

thanks!
Amy
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

Post by Carp Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:01 pm

I went ahead and moved it for you. This will make sure it doesn't get lost. I'm thinking for the future, when we have a lot of people (fingers crossed) that the Chit-Chat would be a busy place. It did leave a link to the prayer committee in the Chit-Chat forum, so if people are looking for it, it should be easy to find.

Do you think we need a Retreats forum under Ministries?
Carp
Carp

http://www.davidmichelle.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Amysings4u Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:29 pm

that might be a good place to put it. I'm really not sure where it would best go--i'm open to your judgement on this one... just so long as the folks who help do the logistics stuff don't have to sign up for the leadership team--i think that might deter them. the actual event planning will still be under leadership team only.
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

retreat planning Empty Retreat Planning

Post by Lauren Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:51 pm

I am definetly up to help out with the retreat!! I can help out with any logistical type stuff, buying of supplies, and menu planning.

Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post by Amysings4u Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:43 am

Thanks so much, Lauren! Would you go ahead and work up the menu and food budget for us? you can factor in my Costco card if your Sam's is discontinued, or you'd prefer, or whatever. Feel free to pretty much use the same menu as last year if you like, we won't be picky, but we'll need to be fed! Let me know what you come up with:-D

Thanks a bunch!
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

Post by Amysings4u Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:41 pm

Okay folks, we've got a retreat date! Sept. 19-21 is on the calendar at Camp Kahdalea, and I am going to start calling Fr. Dean and working on getting him committed as well. I'm so excited! Go ahead and start telling all your friends about it:-)

the cost is not set yet, but it should definitely be less than $50 per person, and I think we can work with discounts for kids or families. Let me know any questions you have or if you're interested in working in any particular area.

thanks guys! hope to see everyone in Brevard in September, but certainly before then, too!

Amy
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

retreat planning Empty Will this compete?

Post by meowsandy Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:50 pm

Amy, and anyone else who is planning this retreat. I've got a date for my silent retreat. I'd like to have it the last weekend in October. Will that be to much in competition for this retreat? If so, we don't have to advertise it on the newsletter. What do you think?

meowsandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amysings4u Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:09 am

can't imagine that it would. that's an entire month later. Also, you should know that the Eucharistic Congress in Charlotte is the first weekend in October this year. But if you're planning on the end of October, that should be fine, too.

thanks!
Amy
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down