Upstate DOC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put the DOC Annual Discipleship Retreat on your calendar today!

4 posters

Go down

Put the DOC Annual Discipleship Retreat on your calendar today! Empty Put the DOC Annual Discipleship Retreat on your calendar today!

Post by Amysings4u Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:43 pm

September 19-21, 2008, the third annual DOC retreat will take place at Camp Kahdalea in Brevard, NC. Put this event on your calendar now. The last two retreats have been a blast; Hope to see you there! PM me if you have any specific questions, or go to the prayer forum if you want to help out!

blessings to everyone,
Amy
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

Put the DOC Annual Discipleship Retreat on your calendar today! Empty Re: Put the DOC Annual Discipleship Retreat on your calendar today!

Post by theresemaederer Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:27 pm

would it be advisable for me to find a sitter for my 19 month (at the time) little girl?
theresemaederer
theresemaederer

Back to top Go down

Put the DOC Annual Discipleship Retreat on your calendar today! Empty Re: Put the DOC Annual Discipleship Retreat on your calendar today!

Post by Amysings4u Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:44 am

Hi!

If finding a sitter isn't going to be too difficult, I think you would both get more out of the experience not needing to trade off child care with your spouse, but you would be able to participate even with her.

Would you enjoy taking her camping? If you think the bug spray and sunscreen and one parent holding her & watching while the other participates in an activity, and walking around with a sling or bjorn, and the possibility of having to take her out during mass or discussion times would be too frustrating, than you probably would rest easier knowing that she is well cared for at home, and you wouldn't be gone an exceptionally long time. But if you would really enjoy getting her outdoors and don't mind the inevitable "extras" that keeping an eye on a child while being out there entails, than by all means bring her along:~) You wouldn't have to pay for her, obviously.

One other thought: there is an option to come just for the day Saturday if you want to bring her but don't think you can manage the sleeping arrangements with her. It would make for a long day however, and the drive is about 90 minutes give or take one way.

I promise there will be lots who would love to coo over her, myself included. Sleeping arrangements will be tents for couples and those who want to, or gender-specific cabins with bunk beds (I always throw the bunk mattress on the floor and curl up with my dog for warmth--and it will get cold at night in Brevard:~)

I hope that helps!
Amy
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

Put the DOC Annual Discipleship Retreat on your calendar today! Empty St Anthony's Young Adults

Post by Katie Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:20 pm

I'm Katie from St. Anthony's, and we are starting up a young adult group there. We had about 25 people at the first event - a cookout. I am sure a lot of people would be interested in joining your retreat, including me. Is there a limited amount of space, and what are the details (cost, theme, etc.) so I can pass the information on? Thanks!
Katie
Katie

Back to top Go down

Post by Amysings4u Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks for your inquiry, Katie!

We would love to have your folks sign up. I don't know that we've reached a point of worrying about limited space--we've never had way too many people sign up, so no concerns there as of yet. at any rate it will be first come first served.

I've made up a flyer but haven't decided about printing it yet--color copies are expensive! Here are the particulars that are on it:

Who: any young adults, married or single, who wish to deepen their faith and enliven their service to Christ. Children are permitted, however they will require parental supervision and activities will not be specifically designed for them.

Where: Camp Kahdalea in Brevard, NC: www.kahdalea.com. Carpools will depart from Easley and Greenville locations, and directions will be provided for individuals who wish to drive separately.

When: Friday evening, September 19, 2008 — Sunday morning, September 21, 2008. We will attend Saturday vigil mass together in Brevard, or participants may make plans to leave early for Sunday mass at home.

What: A discipleship retreat to rejuvenate and inspire young adult Catholics to live for Christ and participate in the sacraments together.

Cost: $45 per adult, $75 per couple.
Early Bird special: $40 per adult through Sept. 5
Checks made payable to Disciples of Christ. Checks preferred

Accomodations: gender-specific cabins or participants may bring their own tents. May also bring activities for downtime.

I hope some of your folks can make it! Feel free to put anyone in touch with me for more information.
Amysings4u
Amysings4u

Back to top Go down

Post by carljessie Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:14 am

Amy -

know that Carl and I will be praying for this retreat. y'all are awesome!
carljessie
carljessie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down