Upstate DOC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Interest in Visiting Religious Communities? Or the DC area, in general?

Go down

Any Interest in Visiting Religious Communities? Or the DC area, in general? Empty Any Interest in Visiting Religious Communities? Or the DC area, in general?

Post by elizabethwhitaker Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:01 am

I'm now in Northern Virginia. Would any other single women be interested in visiting one of
the women's religious communities in Virginia, Maryland or DC? I'd be happy to help coordinate
a "nun run." I'm not seriously interested in communities that don't follow the Magisterium. I
have been following many of those who do follow the Magisterium -- and there are quite a
few in this general area, including a new monastery of Dominican nuns near Front Royal, which
is becoming quite a Catholic center. (Front Royal is where Christendom College is located. One
of the professors belongs to my parish.)

There's nothing to stop a single lady from visiting a community -- except gas prices, maybe --
but, if you're part of a group, maybe someone else in the group will ask a good question
about something that hadn't occurred to you.

If you're just interested in visiting the DC area, please don't hesitate to ask me for advice. This
is my third time living in the area as I lived in the District in '79 and '80 and in Northern Virginia
from '85 to '87, before returning in January '07. (If so, please start a new topic!)

I live in a "studio" apartment (600 square feet) and am presently on a fixed income, so my
ability to accomodate folks is _very_ limited.

I did get to see the Pope! Very Happy I wasn't able to get a ticket to the Mass, but I did find a good
spot on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Elizabeth

elizabethwhitaker

Back to top Go down